A publication of the Archaeological Institute of America

Special Introductory Offer!
features
Homage to Oman Volume 50 Number 3, May/June 1997
A well near the entrance to Nizwa Fort supplies water from a nearby oasis. The fort, 100 miles southwest of Muscat, was built between 1670 and 1680. It was restored in 1990. (Photograph by Nicolas Sapieha)

PREVIOUS IMAGE | INTRODUCTION | LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS | NEXT IMAGE

-----
© 1997 by the Archaeological Institute of America
archive.archaeology.org/9705/etc/captions/oman07.html
Share