A publication of the Archaeological Institute of America

Special Introductory Offer!
features
Homage to Oman Volume 50 Number 3, May/June 1997

One hundred miles southwest of Muscat, this fort was built between 1670 and 1680 to protect a local oasis and trade routes passing through the regional capital of Nizwa. (Photograph by Nicolas Sapieha)

PREVIOUS IMAGE | INTRODUCTION | LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS | NEXT IMAGE

-----
© 1997 by the Archaeological Institute of America
archive.archaeology.org/9705/etc/captions/oman01.html
Share